By James Lee
This is a publication for these people who believed that we didn’t have to study Perl, and now we all know it truly is extra ubiquitous than ever. Perl is very versatile and strong, and it isn’t fearful of net 2.0 or the cloud. initially touted because the duct tape of the net, Perl has on the grounds that advanced right into a multipurpose, multiplatform language current completely in all places: heavy-duty internet functions, the cloud, structures management, average language processing, and monetary engineering. Beginning Perl, 3rd Edition offers useful perception into Perl’s function concerning all of those initiatives and more.
Commencing with a finished evaluate of language fundamentals, you’ll examine all approximately very important techniques comparable to Perl’s information kinds and keep watch over movement constructs. This fabric units the degree for a dialogue of extra advanced issues, reminiscent of writing customized capabilities, utilizing standard expressions, and dossier enter and output. subsequent, the booklet strikes directly to the complex subject matters of object-oriented programming, modules, internet programming, and database management with Perl’s strong database interface module, DBI. The examples and code supplied provide you with the entire details you want to commence writing your individual strong scripts to unravel the issues indexed above, and lots of more.
Whether you're a entire amateur or an skilled programmer, Beginning Perl, 3rd Edition bargains a great advisor to studying Perl.
By Andrew Stellman, Jennifer Greene
You are looking to study C# programming, yet you're unsure you need to undergo via one other tedious technical booklet. You're in good fortune: Head First C# introduces this language in a enjoyable, visible means. You'll fast examine every thing from growing your first application to studying refined coding abilities with C# 4.0, visible Studio 2010 and .NET four, whereas keeping off universal error that frustrate many scholars.
the second one variation bargains a number of hands-on labs alongside how to assist you construct and try out courses utilizing abilities you've realized as much as that time. within the ultimate lab, you'll placed every thing jointly. From gadgets to rubbish assortment and from exceptions to interactions, you'll examine C# in a manner that engages and entertains your mind. listed here are many of the issues you'll study:
* commence by means of construction an invaluable program with pre-built elements in visible Studio 2010
* observe how items paintings, utilizing real-world examples
* shop numbers, textual content, and different easy facts kinds utilizing primitives
* store advanced information in records and databases with nice C# instruments
* construct intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces by way of following basic ideas
* layout your code to capture exceptions -- belongings you don't anticipate
* boost stable programming behavior, equivalent to refactoring code and making use of unit checks
* learn the way net companies placed your courses involved with the remainder of the realm
* Make it effortless for folks to put in your software program
By Mark Dalrymple, Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik
Learn how to write apps for a few of today's most well-liked applied sciences, together with the iPhone and iPad (using iOS), in addition to the Mac (using OS X). It begins with Objective-C, the bottom language on which the local iOS software program improvement equipment (SDK) and the OS X are established. examine Objective-C at the Mac: For OS X and iOS, moment version updates a top promoting booklet and is an in depth, newly up to date advisor to Objective-C.
Objective-C is a robust, object-oriented extension of C, making this replace the right follow-up to Dave Mark’s bestselling examine C at the Mac. no matter if you’re an skilled C programmer or you’re coming from a distinct language corresponding to C++ or Java, major Mac specialists Scott Knaster and Waqar Malik exhibit the best way to harness the ability of Objective-C on your apps!
* a whole direction at the fundamentals of Objective-C utilizing Apple’s latest Xcode tools
* An advent to object-oriented programming
* accomplished insurance of latest issues like blocks, GCD, ARC, category extensions, in addition to inheritance, composition, item initialization, different types, protocols, reminiscence administration, and organizing resource files
* An advent to construction consumer interfaces utilizing what's referred to as the UIKit
* A primer for non-C programmers to get off the floor even quicker
By Michael Hartl
“Ruby on Rails™ three instructional: study Rails by means of Example by means of Michael Hartl has develop into a needs to learn for builders studying the way to construct Rails apps.”
—Peter Cooper, Editor of Ruby Inside
Using Rails three, builders can construct net functions of remarkable attractiveness and gear. even supposing its striking services have made Ruby on Rails one of many world’s hottest net improvement frameworks, it may be not easy to profit and use. Ruby on Rails™ three Tutorial is the answer. major Rails developer Michael Hartl teaches Rails three through guiding you thru the advance of your personal entire pattern program utilizing the most recent strategies in Rails internet development.
Drawing on his event development RailsSpace, Insoshi, and different subtle Rails functions, Hartl illuminates all features of layout and implementation—including robust new innovations that simplify and speed up improvement.
This publication may also help you
- Install and arrange your Rails improvement environment
- Go past generated code to really know the way to construct Rails purposes from scratch
- Learn try out pushed improvement (TDD) with RSpec
- Effectively use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) development
- Structure functions utilizing the remainder architecture
- Build static pages and rework them into dynamic ones
- Master the Ruby programming talents all Rails builders need
- Define high quality web site layouts and knowledge models
- Implement registration and authentication platforms, together with validation and safe passwords
- Update, exhibit, and delete users
- Add social gains and microblogging, together with an advent to Ajax
- Record model alterations with Git and proportion code at GitHub
- Simplify software deployment with Heroku
By Erica Sadun
“This booklet will be a discount at ten occasions its cost! while you're writing iPhone software program, it is going to prevent weeks of improvement time. Erica has integrated dozens of crisp and transparent examples illustrating crucial iPhone improvement ideas and so forth that express lighting tricks going means past Apple’s respectable documentation.”
—Tim Burks, iPhone software program Developer, TootSweet Software
“Erica Sadun’s technical services lives as much as the Addison-Wesley identify. The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook is a entire walkthrough of iPhone improvement that might aid a person out, from rookies to more matured builders. Code samples and screenshots support punctuate the varied advice and methods during this book.”
—Jacqui Cheng, affiliate Editor, Ars Technica
“We make our residing scripting this stuff and but i'm humbled via Erica’s command of her material and how she provides the fabric: pleasantly casual, then very safely certain technically. this can be a going to be the Petzold ebook for iPhone developers.”
—Daniel Pasco, Lead Developer and CEO, Black Pixel Luminance
“The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook: development functions with the iPhone SDK should be the 1st source for the start iPhone programmer, and is the easiest supplemental fabric to Apple’s personal documentation.”
—Alex C. Schaefer, Lead Programmer, ApolloIM, iPhone program improvement professional, MeLLmo, Inc
“Erica’s booklet is a really nice source for Cocoa contact builders. This booklet is going a ways past the documentation on Apple’s site, and he or she contains equipment that supply the developer a deeper knowing of the iPhone OS, by means of permitting them to glimpse at what’s occurring backstage in this terrific cellular platform.”
—John Zorko, Sr. software program Engineer, cellular Devices
The iPhone and iPod contact aren’t simply attracting hundreds of thousands of recent clients; their step forward improvement platform allows programmers to construct tomorrow’s killer purposes. If you’re getting began with iPhone programming, this booklet brings jointly validated, ready-to-use code for enormous quantities of the demanding situations you’re probably to come across. Use this totally documented, easy-to-customize code to get efficient fast—and concentration some time at the specifics of your software, not boilerplate initiatives.
Leading iPhone developer Erica Sadun starts by means of exploring the iPhone supply platform and SDK, assisting you place up your improvement surroundings, and exhibiting how iPhone functions are developed. subsequent, she bargains single-task recipes for the entire spectrum of iPhone/iPod contact programming jobs:
- Utilize perspectives and tables
- Organize interface elements
- Alert and reply to users
- Access the tackle publication (people), middle place (places), and Sensors (things)
- Connect to the net and net services
- Display media content
- Create safe Keychain entries
- And even more
You’ll even detect the right way to use conceal movement to create lovely visible choice reports that placed scrolling lists to shame!
This e-book is prepared for speedy entry: similar projects are grouped jointly, and you may leap on to the ideal answer, whether you don’t recognize which type or framework to take advantage of. All code relies on Apple’s publicly published iPhone SDK, now not a beta. it doesn't matter what iPhone initiatives come your means, The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook can be your necessary companion.
By Stormy Attaway
MATLAB has turn into the normal software program device for fixing clinical and engineering difficulties because of its strong integrated features and its skill to application. Assuming no wisdom of programming, this publication publications the reader via either programming and integrated features to simply take advantage of MATLAB's vast services for tackling engineering problems.
The booklet begins with programming suggestions, similar to variables, assignments, and choice statements, strikes directly to loops, after which solves difficulties utilizing either the programming suggestion and the ability of MATLAB. In-depth insurance is given to input/output, an issue primary to many engineering purposes.
The 3rd version of MATLAB: a pragmatic advent to Programming and challenge Solving has been up-to-date to mirror the performance of the present model of MATLAB. It positive factors new and revised end-of-chapter routines, improved insurance of loops and vectorizing, and extra engineering functions to aid the reader research this software program software in context.
- Presents programming innovations and MATLAB integrated capabilities side-by-side
- Systematic, step by step process, development on techniques through the e-book, facilitating more straightforward learning
- Sections on universal pitfalls and programming guidance direct scholars in the direction of most sensible practice
By Christopher Negus
The favourite Linux consultant, up to date for crimson Hat company Linux 7 and the cloud
Linux Bible, ninth Edition is the last word hands-on Linux person advisor, even if you are a actual newbie or a extra complex consumer navigating contemporary adjustments. This up-to-date 9th version covers the most recent types of purple Hat firm Linux 7 (RHEL 7), Fedora 21, and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and comprises new details on cloud computing and improvement with tips on Openstack and Cloudforms. With a spotlight on RHEL 7, this sensible advisor will get you on top of things fast at the new improvements for enterprise-quality dossier platforms, the hot boot approach and providers administration, firewalld, and the GNOME three laptop. Written by way of a crimson Hat specialist, this publication offers the transparent factors and step by step directions that demystify Linux and convey the recent beneficial properties seamlessly into your workflow.
This priceless consultant assumes a base of very little Linux wisdom, and takes you step-by-step via what you want to recognize to get the task done.
- Get Linux up and operating quickly
- Master simple operations and take on extra complicated tasks
- Get brand new at the fresh adjustments to Linux server approach management
- Bring Linux to the cloud utilizing Openstack and Cloudforms
Linux Bible, ninth Edition is the single source you wish, and offers the hands-on education that will get you heading in the right direction in a flash.
By Eric S. Raymond
This article unearths the software program layout secrets and techniques of the unique Unix designers, displaying how they produce software program that's quickly, transportable, reuseable, modular and long-lived. Luminaries together with Brian Kernighan, David Korn and Henry Spencer give a contribution to the e-book.
By Allen Sanders
It is a thrilling time to be a home windows developer. The arrival of home windows eight is an entire online game changer. The working process and its improvement platform give you a wholly new solution to create wealthy, full-featured Windows-based purposes. This group of authors takes you on a trip via all the new improvement positive factors of the home windows eight platform in particular tips to make the most of visible Studio 2012 and the XAML/C# languages to provide strong apps which are prepared for deployment within the new home windows Store.
Professional home windows eight Programming:
- Learn tips on how to make the most of XAML to create wealthy content material pushed consumer interfaces
- Make use of the recent AppBar to create a chrome-less menu system
- See tips to help Sensors and Geo-location on home windows eight devices
- Integrate your app into the home windows eight environment with Contracts and Extensions
- Walks you thru the recent home windows eight navigation procedure for multi-page apps
- Minimize code with facts Binding and MVVM layout patterns
- Features tips about getting your app prepared for the home windows store
- Maximize profit to your app by means of studying approximately on hand monetization strategies
By Simon Marlow
If you could have a operating wisdom of Haskell, this hands-on e-book exhibits you the way to exploit the language’s many APIs and frameworks for writing either parallel and concurrent courses. You’ll find out how parallelism exploits multicore processors to hurry up computation-heavy courses, and the way concurrency lets you write courses with threads for a number of interactions.
Author Simon Marlow walks you thru the method with plenty of code examples that you should run, scan with, and expand. Divided into separate sections on Parallel and Concurrent Haskell, this ebook additionally contains workouts that can assist you familiarize yourself with the innovations presented:
- Express parallelism in Haskell with the Eval monad and assessment Strategies
- Parallelize usual Haskell code with the Par monad
- Build parallel array-based computations, utilizing the Repa library
- Use the speed up library to run computations at once at the GPU
- Work with simple interfaces for writing concurrent code
- Build timber of threads for higher and extra complicated programs
- Learn easy methods to construct high-speed concurrent community servers
- Write dispensed courses that run on a number of machines in a network