By Daniele Piomelli
This publication is set the arachidonic acid cascade, its biochemistry, its pharmacology, and its roles in sign transduction. Arachidonic acid may possibly function an intracellular moment messenger in lots of mobilephone kinds, in addition to precursor for biologically lively molecules comparable to the eicosanoids (a kinfolk of oxygenated metabolites that could act as moment messengers or as neighborhood mediators), and anandamide (an endogenous cannabinoid substance). Dysfunctions within the arachidonic acid cascade underlie a few critical pathological stipulations, making those biochemical pathways the objective for medicinal drugs of medical worth.
Read or Download Arachidonic Acid in Cell Signaling (Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit) PDF
Best molecular biology books
This ebook addresses the newest advances within the shipping of proteins throughout quite a few organic membranes. In addressing this subject, this quantity comprises a number of new twists now not formerly addressed within the literature. within the previous couple of years, the learn of protein translocation has been revolutionized by way of the supply of structural details on some of the elements and complexes all for the method.
This quantity presents a compilation of modern tools for learning protein phosphorylation.
The best textual content for undergraduate and graduate scholars in complex phone biology classes striking technological advances within the final century have essentially altered the best way we ask questions on biology, and undergraduate and graduate scholars should have the mandatory instruments to enquire the area of the cellphone.
- Cell Biology,Genetics, Molecular Biology: Evolution and Ecology
- Angiogenesis Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- Chemosensitivity: Volume II: In Vivo Models, Imaging, and Molecular Regulators (Methods in Molecular Medicine)
- Biophysical Chemistry of Proteins: An Introduction to Laboratory Methods
- Textbook of Receptor Pharmacology
Additional info for Arachidonic Acid in Cell Signaling (Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit)
19. Gronich JH, Bonventre JV, Nemenoff RA. Purification of a highmolecular-mass form of phospholipase A2 from rat kidney activated at physiological calcium concentrations. Biochem J 1990; 271 :37-43. 20. Kramer RM, Roberts EF, Manetta J, Putnam JE. The Ca2+-sensitive cytosolic phospholipase Az is a 100-kDa protein in human monoblast U937 cells. J BioI Chern 1991; 266:5268-5272. 21. Wijkander J, Sundler R. An 100-kDa arachidonate-mobilizing phospholipase A2 in mouse spleen and the macrophage cell line J774.
Rae mediates growth-factor induced arachidonic acid release. Cell 1995 81 :849-8546. 28. Hunter T. Protein kinases and phosphatases: the Yin and Yang of protein phosphorylation and signaling. Cell 1995; 80:225-236. 29. Gronchi V. Ricerche sulla lecitinasi 'A' del pancreas; estrazione dell' enzima e sua azione in vitro. Sperimentale 1932; 90:223-230. 30. Hanasaki K, Arita H. Characterization of a high-affinity binding site for pancreatic-type phospholipase Az in the rat. Its cellular and tissue distribution.
J Bioi Chern 1989; 264:10008-10014. 39. Van Schaik RHN, Verhoeven NM, Neijs FW, Aarsman AJ, Van den Bosch H. Cloning of the cDNA coding for 14 kDa group II phospholipase A2 from rat liver. Biochim Biophys Acta 1993; 1169:1-11. 40. Murakami M, Kudo I, Natori Y, Inoue K. Immunochemical detection of 'platelet type' phospholipase A2 in the rat. Biochim Biophys Acta 1990; 1043:34-42. 41. Kramer RM, Hession C, Johansen B, Hayes G, McGray P, Chow EP, Tizard R, Pepinski RB. Structure and properties of a human non-pancreatic phospholipase A z.